These guidelines are for BORNITE licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use BORNITE’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of BORNITE trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of an BORNITE trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines.
BORNITE’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an BORNITE trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that BORNITE is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with BORNITE’s rights in the trademark, including challenging BORNITE’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any BORNITE trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an BORNITE trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to BORNITE. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
Authorized Use of BORNITE Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only BORNITE and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the BORNITE Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the BORNITE Logo only as specified in their agreement with BORNITE and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with BORNITE. For example:
Authorized Value Added Reseller
Authorized Service Provider
2. Compatibility: Developers may use BORNITE, AMP, The BORNITE, or any other Bornite word mark (but not the BORNITE Logo or other BORNITE-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced BORNITE product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The BORNITE word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The BORNITE word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The BORNITE word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced BORNITE product or service.
e. The reference to BORNITE does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with BORNITE or BORNITE products or services.
f. The use does not show BORNITE or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an BORNITE word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for BORNITE Service Users.
b. The use reflects favorably on both BORNITE and BORNITE products or service.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the BORNITE word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The BORNITE logo or any other BORNITE-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from BORNITE.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by BORNITE, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by BORNITE Inc.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of BORNITE’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an BORNITE product or service may use the appropriate BORNITE word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
5. BORNITE Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the BORNITE Web Badges if the site uses or was created using BORNITE-branded hardware or software and you comply with the terms of the BORNITE Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines.
Unauthorized Use of BORNITE Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, BORNITE, AMP, The BORNITE, AMP up, or any other BORNITE trademark, including BORNITE-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. BORNITE Logo and BORNITE-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the BORNITE Logo or any other BORNITE-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from BORNITE, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real Bornite Mineral or other variation of the BORNITE logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an BORNITE trademark for any purpose.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an BORNITE trademark or any other BORNITE-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use BORNITE, AMP, The BORNITE, or any other BORNITE trademark, including BORNITE-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply BORNITE’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing BORNITE, AMP, The BORNITE or any other BORNITE trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from BORNITE.
7. BORNITE’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive BORNITE packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an BORNITE slogan or tagline.
For example: “Amp up your business.”, “Amp up your strategy.”, “Amp up your branding.”, “Amp up your packaging.”, “Amp up your digital presence.”.
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical BORNITE trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “thebornite.com” “born-ite.com” “the-born-ite.com”
The BORNITE Trademark
1. You may not use the Bornite trademark standing alone except to denote or refer to the BORNITE.
Rules for Proper Use of BORNITE Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought two Bornite services.
Not Correct: I bought two Bornites.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
4. Always spell and capitalize BORNITE’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the BORNITE Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate BORNITE product or service names. Do not make up names that contain BORNITE trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the Canada Only
a. On product, product or service documentation, or other product or service communications that will be distributed only in the Canada, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the BORNITE trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the BORNITE Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the BORNITE Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of BORNITE’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product or service documentation, or other product or service communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of BORNITE Inc.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of BORNITE Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the Canada:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products or services, product documentation or service documentation, or other product and or service communications that will be distributed outside the Canada.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of BORNITE Inc., registered in the Canada and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of BORNITE Inc.
Depictions of BORNITE Products or Services
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: BORNITE does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of BORNITE products or services by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that BORNITE endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an BORNITE product or service in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the BORNITE product or technology or service, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced BORNITE product or service.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine BORNITE product or service and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from BORNITE before using any photograph owned or licensed by BORNITE).
c. The BORNITE product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the BORNITE products or services and on BORNITE Inc.
d. The reference to BORNITE does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, BORNITE or BORNITE products.
For further information with respect to BORNITE’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Copyright Team.